The recently released ‘Wake Up Now? – Alarm Clock’ application for iPhone and iPod touch aims to help light sleepers get a good nights rest. The first thing one thinks when awaking before the alarm sounds is, “How much longer till the alarm?”. Answering this question used to require turning ones head and squinting at the clock. Now, groggy risers simply need to give an audible grunt to get the answer they seek.

“I have bad eyesight”, said developer Ed Williams. “Whenever I wake up too early I have to reach over and put on my glasses to tell the time. By the time I’ve distinguished the numbers on my alarm clock, even if I have three more hours to sleep, I can’t fall back asleep.”

To solve this problem Ed created “Wake Up Now? – Alarm Clock”, an alarm clock for iPhone and iPod touch that will announce the time when it detects a loud enough sound. Using this app one can remain in bed, eyes closed, and simply sigh, grunt, or say “Wake Up Now?”, and one will immediately know wither to try and go back to sleep or rise and begin the day.

0 comments

Post a Comment